Monday, November 2, 2015

November Movies

Spectre
out November 6
The latest James Bond movie, this film promises all the allure of the traditional Bond movie, but with a slightly more diverse cast and a little darker plot line. I’m not usually excited for new Bond movies, but Daniel Craig seems to have his eyes open to the flaws in Bond as a character, and in the 007 universe. I hope he brings this out in his acting, altering the negative parts of Bond (like the throw-away love interests), into something more positive (like Bond actually respecting the women he’s involved with on a deeper level).

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
out November 20
The finale of the Hunger Games trilogy-turned-saga, I anticipate that this will be the best of the four. If you’ve read the books, you know how the series ends, and seeing the clips in the tailor was heart wrenching. I hope they portray Katniss’ mental instability properly, as she loses those she cares about to the revolution. It was the most meaningful part, to me. That, and Katniss’ fight to keep District 13 from going overboard, fighting for revenge rather than for justice. I expect to cry a couple times in this movie, but that’s just how it goes in a series as well written in this. I just hope the movie lives up to my expectations.

The Night Before
out November 25
Okay, Okay... this movie looks super dumb, and it’s probably seriously problematic, but Anthony Mackie. Enough said. Honestly, though, from what previews I’ve seen for this movie, it doesn’t seem that bad. It has a number of actors I love and respect, like Anthony Mackie, Mindy Kaling, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Maybe I’ll wind up wincing in pain from terrible jokes, but at this point it seems to promise a silly comedy with the christmas spirit kinda sorta worked in there somehow.

The Good Dinosaur
out November 25

A cute animated movie about a dinosaur and a dog-like little boy. I’m not sure what the plot is,exactly (something about Littlefoot finding his family I think???) but it seems like it will at least be entertaining. The animation looks stunning, though the more cartoony dinosaur doesn’t quite fit the other more realistic ones, but I’m excited to see what all disney does with the movie. I’m also a little iffy when it comes to the whole ‘animals act like dogs’ thing, I just find the humor played out, and am uncomfortable with how the movie applies this trope to a person (this is also completely inaccurate to how our evolution worked out, but I digress).I won't judge this movie yet, though, and you shouldn’t either. Give it a watch this holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment