Monday, February 15, 2016

Scream Queens Finale

I finally finished Scream Queens, and it was great. I loved the plot twists, the way the morals of murdering people worked, and the humor was on point. The gore was perfect, just enough to startle, but not an unnecessary amount. I loved all the crazy set ups displaying the bodies, and Chanel is perfect. Her reactions to the murders is great, and her attempt at killing Munsch was so funny. The email she sent afterward to call out the Chanels for messing up the plan was great. The cinematography was perfect. The shots where Zayday and Claire walked into the house with the silhouettes of the Chanels projected onto the wall above them was so cool, and the scenes leading up to Earl Grey getting murdered by the pool was awesome. I also loved the fashion in the show. The pastels and color coordination were so cute, and Zayday’s whole wardrobe was amazing. I want it. The last episode was so cool. Libby was so funny. All her scenes in that episode were great, and I loved hating her parents. I felt really bad for Sadie, though. Her rapid belief that she had a split personality disorder was really sad. She is such a great character and I can’t wait to watch her grow. Her hair buns after she was imprisoned was super cute, and I loved the reference to Billie Lourd’s mom, Princess Leia (a.k.a. Carrie Fisher). One part about the finale I was unsure about, is whether or not it left enough room for a second season. Hester seems done with murder. Her brother and foster mother were dead. Why would the Red Devil return?  I suppose Zayday and Claire could still believe Hester was the killer, like they did before the Chanels arrest. But where would that lead? The last scene in the finale showed the Red Devil standing over a sleeping Chanel. Is that scene going to be finished in season 2? Will the Red Devil terrorize the girls at the asylum? Is there a new Red Devil killer? Or is Hester still seeking revenge? I can’t wait to find out, and only wish I didn’t have to wait until the next school year. I would definitely recommend it for its humor, visual appeal, interesting plot, social commentary, and the murders. Those were pretty awesome. Since the second season in confirmed to take place mostly in a mental institution, my only reservation is that mental illness won’t be treated with respect. I wouldn’t mind jokes as long as they continue the way they have been. Obviously satire and obviously making fun of people that are favored by society.

No comments:

Post a Comment